EPIC TINY HOUSE
Latest Posts from the Blog!
It's true. I left my job. Honestly, it's been almost a month or so since I left. I worked for one of the largest Fortune 500 companies in the world. The work I was doing was nothing but monotonous and fake. There was no real ability to think in the job or solve real...read more
Interior Updates to our Tiny House We've done a few things to our tiny house since our move across the country. One of the first interior updates we did when we arrived in Tennessee was to put pictures and decorations up on the walls. This was something Mrs Epic...read more
We created a tiny office in our tiny house! As we've come to realize since we've lived in our tiny house for several months now, tiny house living is all about finding ways to make your living space work to your benefit. Since we decided to move across the country...read more
We moved our tiny house from California to Tennessee. Roughly 2,300 miles in two and a half days. It was exciting, nerve-racking, scary, but ultimately very rewarding to move across the country with our tiny house on wheels. It all began with Mrs Epic’s birthday trip...read more
When it comes to installing plumbing in a tiny house, it's not as difficult as it may seem. I'm going to show you how we installed the supply water lines and gray water lines for our house, and list out all of the products we used and our reasoning behind our...read more
An important consideration for all tiny housers, "Where will our waste water go?" Truthfully, I don't like to even call it waste water. A waste is something that can't be recycled, restored, or reused, which is not always the case with gray water. Depending on the...read more
Tiny House Stairs We stayed in a very nice tiny house in Portland in the beginning of February 2015 to see what tiny house living was like, and it had a ladder to get to the loft. It did not have tiny house stairs. From that point on, we knew that we did not want a...read more
The other day, I was scrolling through a notebook that I’ve been using for my to-do lists. I scrolled back a few extra pages and saw a doodle of our house design. This house layout was nearly 100% how our house turned out, which is crazy thinking that we had that...read more
Many things have changed over the past month from the time we moved into our tiny house. In the beginning of February, we had boxes everywhere, and still had many things that we knew we wanted to do to make our house even more custom and feel even more like home. We...read more
This is a super simple design, but extremely functional. With these brackets from Home Depot or Amazon, a pair can hold up to 880 lbs, and it opens a full 90 degrees and closes completely against a flat wall. It's the perfect space saving design and on a great...read more
Cat Window Perch Our cat, Bucket, loves nothing better than to lay in the sun and look out the window at nature, so it was only natural for us to build him a window perch! I wanted to be sure that I could move this from window to window, depending on what our future...read more
Downsizing is one of those topics that most people want to do but often procrastinate on just like taking steps to lose weight and getting out of debt. Whether you’re going to build a tiny house on wheels, a tiny house on foundation, or just want to downsize in...read more
Check out RunHikeJump!
Long story short, this tiny house thinking process started around December 2014 due to a realization that we don’t want to be stuck in jobs we do not like, chasing dollars, wasting our lives not doing things we enjoy.
- January 2015, we started to sell items and downsize for the next 8 months.
- February 2015, We travelled to Portland to stay in a Tiny House to see what it was like.
- Mid March 2015, we ordered our trailer and we had the privilege to assist in a tiny house build for our friends on Tiny House Nation
- Mid April 2015, our trailer arrived.
- Beginning of May 2015, Subfloor was finished. Beginning of July 2015, started working on framing.
- August 2015, completed framing and roof sheathing & moved our house.
- Mid October 2015, Exterior siding and metal roofing was complete. We were dried in!
- January 1, 2016, electrical wiring completed, plumbing completed.
- Middle of January 2016, all interior insulation and interior walls installed and painted!
- As of February 2016, we started living in our tiny house.. Although we have much further to go with reducing our possessions, we love our house. It’s so comfortable. We hope you like it, too!
- End of March 2016, we moved our tiny house from CA to TN!
- Mid November 2016 we moved our tiny house 20 miles, still in TN to a better location!
Drop a line!
If you shop at Amazon.com, would you please visit there through a link below? We’ll get a small commission on your purchase(s), at no extra cost to you, which helps support this website. You’ll pay the exact same price as clicking directly to Amazon. Please consider bookmarking this page for your future Amazon.com purchases. Thank you!