EPIC TINY HOUSE
Winterize Your Water Hose It is pretty simple to winterize your water hose so it does not freeze during winter. The heat tape is the most expensive item, but it's well worth it over having frozen water in your lines! Step 1: Wrap your Hose in Aluminum Foil. Some...read more
Winter Prep for a Tiny House We did a few things for our winter prep for our tiny house. WINTER IS COMING! 1) We removed the sun screen shades that we installed during summer time to help block excess sunlight from penetrating the windows. You can see the Sun Screen...read more
I know there hasn't been much posting in the past few months on the site or videos on the YouTube channel... and we promise we're going to work on posting and updating more regularly. It's just that since we decided to move across the country from California to...read more
One of the first questions people ask me, AFTER the "You really live in a tiny house?!!?!?" is, "But how do you do laundry in a tiny house?" Well, wonder no more, my friends! There are actually a few options when it comes to laundry in a tiny house: Wash your clothes...read more
When planning our tiny house build, we really wanted to do everything we could to minimize our utility bills, especially when it comes to cooling down a house in summer heat. We came up with a combination of approaches that works pretty well for us! Choose your...read more
How much money do you really need per month to be living comfortably? One of the big topics Mrs Epic and I discussed quite a bit when we were discussing building and living in a tiny house included finances. Would it be financially sound to spend several thousand...read more
Long story short, this tiny house thinking process started around December 2014 due to a realization that we don’t want to be stuck in jobs we do not like, chasing dollars, wasting our lives not doing things we enjoy.
- January 2015, we started to sell items and downsize for the next 8 months.
- February 2015, We travelled to Portland to stay in a Tiny House to see what it was like.
- Mid March 2015, we ordered our trailer and we had the privilege to assist in a tiny house build for our friends on Tiny House Nation
- Mid April 2015, our trailer arrived.
- Beginning of May 2015, Subfloor was finished. Beginning of July 2015, started working on framing.
- August 2015, completed framing and roof sheathing & moved our house.
- Mid October 2015, Exterior siding and metal roofing was complete. We were dried in!
- January 1, 2016, electrical wiring completed, plumbing completed.
- Middle of January 2016, all interior insulation and interior walls installed and painted!
- As of February 2016, we started living in our tiny house.. Although we have much further to go with reducing our possessions, we love our house. It’s so comfortable. We hope you like it, too!
- End of March 2016, we moved our tiny house from CA to TN!
Drop a line!
If you shop at Amazon.com, would you please visit there through a link below? We’ll get a small commission on your purchase(s), at no extra cost to you, which helps support this website. You’ll pay the exact same price as clicking directly to Amazon. Please consider bookmarking this page for your future Amazon.com purchases. Thank you!