EPIC TINY HOUSE
Lauren Boeckermann is completing a senior thesis project exploring the features of tiny house living including: overall satisfaction, motivations, and participation in the online community, and she needs our help! If you are living in a tiny house (either renting or...read more
Tiny House Propane Cooktop Options During the research phase, we knew there were a lot of tiny house propane cooktop options. Here are some key things we had to consider: Do we want 2 burners or 4 burners? How much space are we going to have for the Tiny House Propane...read more
Best Refrigerators for Tiny Houses During the process of building a tiny house there is a lot of research that goes into each part! Living with one of the best refrigerators can make your life so much better. Tiny house refrigerator options can range anywhere from a...read more
Tiny House Water Heater Options There are many Water Heater Options when it comes to tiny house living. Whether you're living a tiny house, RV, mobile home, a modern sized home or are wanting to live in something without a massive water heater tank, there are Water...read more
Tiny House DIY Skirting We knew that since WINTER IS COMING... we needed to do some DIY skirting. There were several options we looked at, but most of them would have cost $250 or more and I did not want to spend that much For about $120 we were able to make some...read more
Winterize Your Water Hose It is pretty simple to winterize your water hose so it does not freeze during winter. The heat tape is the most expensive item, but it's well worth it over having frozen water in your lines! Step 1: Wrap your Hose in Aluminum Foil. Some...read more
Winter Prep for a Tiny House We did a few things for our winter prep for our tiny house. WINTER IS COMING! 1) We removed the sun screen shades that we installed during summer time to help block excess sunlight from penetrating the windows. You can see the Sun Screen...read more
Where have we been? I know there hasn't been much posting in the past few months on the site or videos on the YouTube channel... and we promise we're going to work on posting and updating more regularly. It's just that since we decided to move across the country from...read more
How to do laundry in a Tiny House! One of the first questions people ask me, AFTER the "You really live in a tiny house?!!?!?" is, "But how do you do laundry in a tiny house?" Well, wonder no more, my friends! There are actually a few options when it comes to laundry...read more
We came up with a combination of ways to stay cool that work pretty well for us! When planning our tiny house build, we really wanted to do everything we could to minimize our utility bills, especially when it comes to cooling down a house in summer heat. Choose your...read more
How much money do you really need per month to be living comfortably? One of the big topics Mrs Epic and I discussed quite a bit when we were discussing building and living in a tiny house included finances. Would it be financially sound to spend several thousand...read more
Tiny House Pet Accommodations! When you're building a tiny house and considering the different aspects that are important and necessary in your house, you can't forget about the furry members of your family (and no, I'm not referring to Uncle Frank). In our house, we...read more
Long story short, this tiny house thinking process started around December 2014 due to a realization that we don’t want to be stuck in jobs we do not like, chasing dollars, wasting our lives not doing things we enjoy.
- January 2015, we started to sell items and downsize for the next 8 months.
- February 2015, We travelled to Portland to stay in a Tiny House to see what it was like.
- Mid March 2015, we ordered our trailer and we had the privilege to assist in a tiny house build for our friends on Tiny House Nation
- Mid April 2015, our trailer arrived.
- Beginning of May 2015, Subfloor was finished. Beginning of July 2015, started working on framing.
- August 2015, completed framing and roof sheathing & moved our house.
- Mid October 2015, Exterior siding and metal roofing was complete. We were dried in!
- January 1, 2016, electrical wiring completed, plumbing completed.
- Middle of January 2016, all interior insulation and interior walls installed and painted!
- As of February 2016, we started living in our tiny house.. Although we have much further to go with reducing our possessions, we love our house. It’s so comfortable. We hope you like it, too!
- End of March 2016, we moved our tiny house from CA to TN!
- Mid November 2016 we moved our tiny house 20 miles, still in TN to a better location!
Drop a line!
If you shop at Amazon.com, would you please visit there through a link below? We’ll get a small commission on your purchase(s), at no extra cost to you, which helps support this website. You’ll pay the exact same price as clicking directly to Amazon. Please consider bookmarking this page for your future Amazon.com purchases. Thank you!